Space and peace at Harriet's Cottage
Harriet's Cottage is a tranquil self catering holiday cottage in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park; Muker in Swaledale, North Yorkshire.
Harriet's Cottage, which sleeps 4, is situated next to Lilac Cottage, in an elevated position in the centre of Muker, but in a secluded plot above the other properties. All rooms enjoy delightful views of the dale to the South.
It has been completly restored during 2002 to a very high standard, with full oil fired central heating and individually controlled radiators in each room, double glazing throughout, as well as many original features of pine beams and doors with traditional decor and furnishings.
The house features a traditional stone flagged entrance hall, leading into a cosy and relaxing sitting room with open fire, pine features, sofa and comfy chairs, TV, video and hi-fi and telephone for use with a phone card, available from Post Offices (mobiles don't usually get a reception this far up the dale!).
The kitchen with its old pine floor, pine dresser and pegged rugs is well equiped with modern storage cupboards, an electric cooker, fridge, microwave and washing machine. A pine dining table and chairs make this a cosy place to eat, or relax in the wing chair absorbing the view.
At the rear of the kitchen is a lobby for coats and boots, and a back door leading to the parking area.
Upstairs is a double bedroom with hand stitched quilt and window seat. The twin room has a victorian satinwood bedrooom suite.
The bathroom at the back has a ceramic tiled floor, white suite with electric shower.
The traditional cottage garden overlooks the fells, a great place to light the cottage's BBQ! The garden path conveniently leads down to the village shop and pub. This is a quiet place to unwind and re-charge.
- The cottage is STRICTLY NO SMOKING.
- Safe street parking is available immediately behind the cottage.
- The rent includes all electric, 2 bags of coal for the fire, bed linen and towels.
- The property is let Friday to Friday in the main season, and from mid-November to mid-March short breaks can be booked.
- The house is strictly no smoking and does not allow pets.
- Optional cleaning is available at a charge of £20. The cottage must be left as it was found!